Vegan , Gluten Free , Thai CurryCourse: Main CourseCuisine: ThaiDifficulty: Easy
( NO MSG , No Fish Sauce , No Shrimp Paste)
Lemongrass Stem & Leaves – A Bunch
Chopped Onion – 02 Whole Onions
Chopped Ginger – 01 Inch Piece
Garlic – 05-06 Petals
Green Chili – 05 Pieces
Lemon Leaves – 10/12 Pieces
Oil – 02/03 Tbsp
Cashewnut ( Kaju ) – 50/60 Gms
Okra (Bhindi ) – 100 Gms
Beans ( Sem / Faliyan) – 100 Gms
Aubergine ( Baingan) – 100 Gms
Bell peppers (Shimla Mirch ) – 100 Gms
Coconut milk – 250 Ml
Basil (Tulsi Patta ) – To Taste
Salt – Taste
Nutritional Yeast – 200 Gms
- Finely Chop & Sauté onion, garlic, lemongrass, chilly, basil, cashew
- In Blender grind to a fine paste, This is your Thai Curry Paste!
- In a wok add some lemon grass stem, lemon leaves and nutritional yeast & add the Thai curry paste prepared earlier ,cook for 5 minutes . Add Water & Strain after Cooling
- Cut the vegetables for curry into desired shape (dice, triangle or diamond)
Stir fry vegetables in some oil add the strained Thai curry
- Add coconut milk and cook for more 03 of minutes
Add Salt to Taste
Cook for a Minute or till the Vegetables look cooked
Served usually with steamed rice
I love to have it with sticky jasmine rice
Garnish with lemon leaves, coconut flakes, peanut crushed or chili .Serve Hot
- Readymade Thai Curry paste you buy in the Market has either Fish Sauce or Shrimp sauce that gives the Umami flavor to Thai Curry.
- Instead in our recipe we have used Vegan & Gluten free Nutritional Yeast (of Urban Platter Brand) that gives the umami flavor to our recipe.
- Subscribe to receive our Vegan Nutritional Yeast Recipes.